Project Management Tutorial for Beginners
In today’s systematic and competitive world, many experts have assumed that almost every task will be projected by the year 2027. Day by day the importance of project management is growing rapidly. It saves time, money, and effort for any organization if implemented properly. It can improve internal communications between team members and other high managerial post holders. Good project management provides the right direction and clears focus to members to achieve business goals within time and budget. It provides leadership to projects for smooth operations and task completion.
Good project management plays a vital role in any organization’s growth and development as it helps set the project from the beginning of the scope. It also helps enhance productivity and can improve project transparency, and can provide a clear vision to the team. So if there is no project management in any organization, then there are 39% chances of the project failing, as stats say. On the other side, almost 32% of the budget is lost when a project fails to reach its goals. So several organizations outsource their projects to third parties because most projects are complex and multi-faced, requiring careful planning, monitoring, and organizing. Therefore there is a high demand for skilled project managers who are certified with the project management certification to achieve project goals.
In this article, we are going to discuss more about project management and what should beginner know about it.
Today, people are looking for an organized learning plan that can teach them the basic to advanced level project management concepts. It helps professionals utilize their knowledge, skills, and expertise in achieving excellent results when it comes to effectively adhering to the timelines of the projects and delivering quality products and services. It enables them to implement project management tools and techniques in real-time situations.
Project management involves identifying and managing the lifecycle to be used, applying it to the user-centered design process, guiding the team, and formulating the project team through all phases until the project is completed
What is Project Management?
Project management is a way of completing projects that involve several different processes designed to help managers accomplish definite goals by carefully organizing, managing, and executing the project. The aim and priority of project management are to achieve project goals along with project scope, quality, time, budget, and cost. Project management is also known for activities that are completed effectively and efficiently with and through other people.
A project management tutorial involves several different kinds of topics that will teach you all about project management course requirements, processes, tools, techniques, etc. Let us have a look at what a project management tutorial can teach us.
Introduction level- At the introduction level project management includes topics:
- What is Project Management?
- What is a Project?
- The lifecycle and phases of a project
- Project management knowledge areas
- What is PMP?
At the next face of the introduction level, the project management tutorial provides the details of PMP ( Project management Professional) Certifications, its costs, and benefits; why it is crucial to achieving to become a successful project manager.
Advanced Level- At the advanced level project management tutorial includes several topics such as:
- Project Management Life Cycle- In this topic you can learn about different stages and phases of the project management life cycle, tools, and techniques used at each level, and processes being used at each stage.
- Other Topics- Project cost management, risk analysis, and risk management, Project management Methodologies, Best project management software, project manager interview questions, and Certification guides are a few more areas that you can learn in project management concepts.
Stages of Project Management- There are five main stages of project management on which all the processes are performed.
- Initiating- In this primary stage, the goal is to define the project to all project members, teams, and the workforce.
- Planning- In this face, project managers develop a roadmap for everyone to follow.
- Executing- It is the crucial part of the project management process where the project team is built and deliverables are created. Here comes the vital role of project managers who monitor and measure project performance to ensure it stays on track.
- Making reports- Project managers make reports of the project work done and all the other project-related details that are necessary to represent.
- Closing- Once a project is done, there is post-production work is to be held, and the project is closed and transferred to another team who will maintain it. So this process is called the closing.
Important Knowledge Areas in Project Management- There are nine areas that are identified by PMI (Project Management Institute) within project management in which you can explore your expertise and skills. These areas are Integration management, Scope management, Time management, Cost management, Quality management, Human resources management, Risk management, Communication management, and Procurement management.
Key factors for Successful Project completion- To complete a project successfully, project managers should know the basics of project management mentioned below.
- Good project management is the practice of applying knowledge, tools, techniques, and skills to complete a project according to specific requirements.
- It allows a team to follow and execute a detailed plan within a specific allotted time period.
- The role of project managers is fixed where they are responsible for team organization and collaboration, time management, communication between the team and managerial posts, developing reports, and many more tasks.
- Instead of project manager’s services, an organization can utilize project management software for smooth operations and achieving goals.
In today’s highly competitive global business, the ability to deliver projects on schedule, on budget, and aligned with business goals is key to gaining an edge and staying ahead of others. So good project management plays a vital role in the success story of any organization. So if you have an interest in making a career in this domain go through the basics and move steps forward to become a successful project manager.